View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 02:51 AM   #3796
St0RM53

Trader Rating: (0)
St0RM53 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello guys. I wished i found this thread earlier!
I need some advice here.
I had been running Advan Neova AD08R tires 225/45R16 on 16x7.5J +35 wheels on my S13 200SX and i have recently installed a Kouki type-X bodykit. The car will be ready to go for full painting so i decided this is the time to upgrade because i will probably need to modify the fenders. I can roll and pull but don't want to spend extra money for overfenders (after getting oem fenders - big story).

So i decided to get new wheels, coilovers and 5 stud conversion all at once!
For wheels i got Work Emotion D9R 18x9.5" +12 for all 4 corners.
Coilovers are Feal 441 with 7/5kg swift springs.
5 stud conversion is GKtech conversion hubs in front with NTN replacement oem s13 bearings, rear used s14 hubs with bearings. So no s14 LCA in front (which gives a wider track therefore pushing the wheel about 10mm further out).
I just installed the coilovers yesterday and i will do the 5 stud conversion tomorrow.
However i am left to decide on the tires. I will be using again Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R which is one of the very few tires in this category you can get in Europe due to certification issues (ECE marking). Also the sizes in stock from the local Yokohama distributor will be quite limited or too expensive and i might have to order them from demon-tweeks in UK (I am in Cyprus - anyone knows cheaper EU seller?).

Looking at the Yokohama list of tires sizes i think the ones i show below are the most suitable choices. However i am not sure what to get. I know 235/40 will fit front no issues but i would like to run a 245/40 square setup at least. And i don't mind larger diameter for the rear since it gives me higher top speed (diff ratio is quite high 4.3 from memory or so - speedo adjustment is easy maybe i can make a tutorial how to adjust the pot if you are interested)

I think i've covered everything. What's your advice? And of course we are looking for max grip, circuit racing/drag/road racing etc. I need suspension travel, no point of slamming it either way since i drive it on the street and we have 12cm speed bumps (if not more in some cases - funny oil pan sits even lower than the front lip)

St0RM53 is offline   Reply With Quote