View Single Post
Old 04-01-2022, 06:30 AM   #38
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Bringing this back,

Jeremy, did you ever make a purchase? If so, lets get a good review.
I ended up pulling the trigger on Fortune 500s with 8/6k Swifts back during their black friday sale! Brand new with Swifts and custom valved for 8/6k for $1,400 shipped was a fucking score. They're still in box in my bedroom and I am really excited to try them. May throw them on my "practice" (i.e. rarely street driven and not overly style-focused) drift car just because I'm eager to use them. These were purchased for my second 50/50 street/track stylish build that's currently coming together but probably won't see pavement till 2023...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post

these are are my DorkiDori Street Spec coilovers. the main goal of them was to have a coilover that offered a more mature ride on the streets, but still offered the benefits of upgrading to coilovers.

my Street Specs handle uneven surfaces of street driving like a champ. they use a 20 way adjustable linear based damper and use 7/5kg springs (and come with a 3 year warranty). the coilovers are built here in the US utilizing parts sourced from Japan, Europe and the US. NO, these are not some cheap rebranded chinese made ebay specials. the configuration the manufacturer and i put together cannot be purchased from the manufacturer either... they are exclusive to my product line only.

i ran the first set of prototypes on my S13 for almost a year. i was beyond impressed with how well they handled certain roads that i normally travel down. i had gotten used to the jarring and very aggressively valved Yellowspeed Drift Specs. While the Drift Specs were a great and very responsive track based coilover... they were NOT ideal for street driving at all. after installing my DorkiDori Street Specs, i IMMEDIATELY noticed a difference just on the drive home. a much more compliant and mellow ride! the following weekend after install, i took them down a back road near my fiberglass manufacturers shop which was unbearable to drive on with my YS Drift Specs... i was blown away by how well my DD Street Specs handled this road. still a bit bumpy (spring rates mainly to blame), but NOTHING like id experienced with the Yellowspeeds.
Deleting a lot from your quote to not spam the thread's space. I am highly looking into the DD street specs for my *checks notes* third hatch that is a purely OEM-aero street cruising car. They seem to fit the bill well for this so when the time comes I will be looking to you. Piggybacking off what Steve said, I was the dude on reddit that asked for customer testimonials lol.

Thread name change is fine, I honestly didn't even notice.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote