View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 07:03 AM   #3166
240sx123$
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
240sx123$ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER. Does an OBD1 s14 have 2 cats? One being right at the downpipe? And does an OBD1 s14 have 2 O2 sensors? One also being at the downpipe? Trying to pass smog legally.
Im not 100% on this, but I BELIEVE that Cali s14's had two cats- one in the downpipe, one after the downpipe. My non-cali s14 came with the downpipe cat, and nothing else, but I have heard of people having two cats. I dont think you legally NEED two cats to pass smog (although I am from PA so who knows). Im pretty sure as long as your emissions levels are low enough, and you have A cat on there with no CEL's, you should be good. But having that 2nd cat is definitely going to help bring down your emissions levels and get it to pass legally.

Cali guys- It seems to me that Smog is a HUGE pain in the dick... Why dont any of you just register your car in another state? I'm from PA and my car is registered at my Moms house in GA, because GA doesnt have any emissions. I rock the GA plates, and never need to get inspected. Thats what I'd do if i was in cali anyway, find someone outta state to let me register it at their address.
240sx123$ is offline   Reply With Quote