View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 08:29 PM   #22215
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Kinda weird to quote myself but I just decided to throw the S14 internals back in and everything still spins with bearings caps torqued down to 65 ft-lb. Im still not sure what the issue was.
You need to reuse everything except the carrier itself obviously. It's locking up because the back lash on the ring and pinion are not correct. They are individually set from factory and wear together for life. Putting a new carrier with the ring gear and swapping parts across isn't going to work well. Also, I'm not sure what noise you heard, but I'd be worried about ring and pinion wear. You should get a matching driveshaft or match your current diff.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote