View Single Post
Old 05-01-2022, 05:41 PM   #34
DEGUZZI
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
DEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to all

JANUARY

January was a whole lot of nothing--most of the year so far, honestly.

Went to the grand opening of the Fujiwara Tofu Cafe in El Monte, and it was unbelievably packed!

Honestly didn't stay longer than 5 minutes after I eventually found somewhere to park.

FEBRUARY

Finally picked up a wheel to replace the stock one: OMP Corsica 350mm in black leather and yellow stitching.

The photographer at the FTC meet also made me a calender with the shot he took!

MARCH

For helping my buddy out with his car, he hooked it up BIG TIME with this Zeta III for my passenger side.

Bride rails were out of stock at the time, so I opted for Evasive's seat rails.

I will simply say I CANNOT recommend them, especially for costing slightly more than Bride rails.

For months, I had the aero bumper in primer sitting just to let the primer fully shrink, so I put it back on the car to take it back to the shop for paint (eventually).

APRIL

I was really due for some new front tires; it was too sketchy for me to keep driving on the freeways with those tires when it rained.

I never got a picture, but I chose Toyo Proxes Sports to see how I like them. They are cheaper than what I had (Yokohama S-Drives/Flevas), and they're asymmetrical which are fantastic for tire rotations since I daily the car.

If you're in SoCal, R Compound USA in Whittier is the place to go for tires.

So far I'm really liking them--pretty comparable to the S-Drives, maybe a little more "solid" feeling.

After so much procrastinating, I started work on getting my universal AC condenser finally mounted.

I figured using as much of the factory brackets would minimize any custom fabrication.

What ended up working for me was simply making tie bars that the condenser can mount to, then sit it in the core support.

The sides of this condenser are wider than where the mounting holes, so I had to offset the condenser from center to be able to keep using the factory lower mounts.

Pretty straight forward, but I'll eventually do a write-up once I get my lines made.

All that's left is to save up to pay for the labor/materials for my lines, and put the AC fan back in.

-------------