View Single Post
Old 09-02-2022, 08:47 PM   #37
DEGUZZI
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
DEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to all
A/C Install

Decided to make this its own post for easier crossposting/reference.

I was lucky enough to find a compressor NOS when I brought in my original one to be refurbished.

Finding a new condenser was out of the question so I was looking at aftermarket universal condensers.

Vintage Air's 03701-OVA condenser is what I found to work for the S13

The height is almost perfect as it sits as tall as the OEM mounting locations.

With just a couple bit of 1" flat bars cut to length, mounting is pretty straight-forward.

The thickness of the condenser was just thin enough to reuse the factory condenser feet, as well.

The rubber mounts can still be bought new from Nissan: 92119-51E00

It's subtle, but there is some width adjustability with the lower mounting as the passenger side hole is wider than the opposite side:

The thickness of the side pipes would not fit within the OEM lower mounts, so I had to offset the condenser. Doing so also opened up a little room for the new fitting locations.

The universal condenser comes with numerous mounting holes, so it's just a matter of positioning the condenser along the flat bar, and drilling holes to bolt the condenser to the flat bar.

Where the flat bar crosses over the side pipes, I put some washers to clear it:

For the top of the condenser, it's the same idea: use washers to clear the side tubes on both sides.

As you can see I bolted through both flanges, but I added a jam nut to minimize deforming the metal.

Here is what I used to bolt the top flat bar to the factory brackets:

The bracket has its own thread, so I just bolted all the way through and used a spacer, again, to avoid deforming the bracket.

As for the lines, since I was still using the OEM compressor, I just had the factory lines redone with new fittings to match the condenser.

The line from the compressor to the condenser (top) was made into 2 lines for convenience for routing through the core support.

I took this pic before I had everything connected, but it's more or less the final product: