View Single Post
Old 11-22-2022, 08:47 PM   #43
DEGUZZI
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
DEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to all

1 Step forward, 2 steps back

Well... I finally was motivated enough to paint the old bumper! Nothing crazy though; just a quick 1-day prep and paint

Only temporary while I keep hacking away at the G Corp one.

As for that bumper, I finally fitted the driver side wrap-around real snug.

I was back and forth deciding how to tackle fixing the waviness on the top part of the bumper.

Decided to just chop the whole thing off as one piece, then I sanded the edge nice and level all the way across.

Have some ideas about fitting it and "tacking" it on, but I've definitely ruled out making a new one from scratch LOL

The painted aero bumper looked so good with the car, I almost bought a Bomex lip for it, ha.

But if I did that, I'd never get the G-Corp bumper finished.

2020 vs now

The GKtech roll center correction kit wasn't working out on this car with this size of wheel under these fenders: way too much camber for my liking and too much wheel house rubbing nearing full lock.

Took the kit off, but had to trim the inners down again (my poor back)

Now the car is much happier overall, and front camber is back to normal

Notable mention! The car hit 200,000 miles!

Had some time off to finally get around to installing the Apex'i flasher I had.

Was digging around the harness to minimize routing additional wires through the car, but ultimately settled on making a new, independent DRL circuit.

Currently have it wired up using the JDM foglight button (working illumination)

And tapped into the factory foglight circuit for signal going to the engine bay

The circuit inside the cabin is done: switch is squared away, wires properly lengthened, and control box mounted. Beyond the firewall, however, I still need to make a couple subharnesses to control signal and corner lights. Then I can finalize the wire lengths, add proper connectors, then sleeve everything.

But for now, it just controls the backlighting I have on my HID projectors.

-------------