View Single Post
Old 05-14-2023, 12:53 PM   #55
DEGUZZI
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
DEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to all
What a rollercoaster it's been since the last update--this gon' be a long one.

Had a lot of downtime at work and I figured I'd finally get around to cleaning up the back glass finish molding. The vinyl was insanely stubborn.

For awhile, I used this generic shelf to mount my amp on. The seat back was able to close, but not very comfortably.

Did some more thinking and ended up using rivnuts and a HDPE board for the next version.

Not bad, but I may reposition everything a little higher and find better matching carpet fabric.

Also took this time to upgrade from the generic Amazon install kit I first bought to some 4ga OFC:

The last time the exhaust got some attention was years ago, and a little bit of metal polish made a lot of my friends think I got a new exhaust, lol

So far, that's been 3 ups? Here's a down:

Uh oh.

But I'm thankful for my coworkers that noticed a DIFFERENT coolant leak under my car when my car was parked at work, haha.

Opted for a new OEM water pump since it hasn't been discontinued yet.

I finally sank my teeth into moving the exhaust cutout.

Pretty bad air bubbles since my mold wasn't the most stable when I was laying up, but it's managable.

This had to be done in two parts because the valance lost so much structural integrity when I cut everything out.

I drilled in some paint sticks to hold the shape until I had more of the structure recreated.

With the face done, I put it back onto the car to make some notes of the exhaust's positioning.

Man. If I had a turndown exhaust tip, this would look pretty cool, haha

Continued with filling in the rest of what I cut out.

Then I had curiosity get the best of me and threw on the other bumper I had:

After some major eyeballing and measuring off the car:

Bingo!

Compared to the original placement:

Lastly, I hope I've dealt with the last of my coolant leak gremlins: the heater core.

In goes a Rock Auto heater core:

In hindsight, I wish I did more planning and bought metal replacement inlet/outlet so I never have to endure this again, lmao

--------------