Thread: My SR20VET...
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 08:09 PM   #623
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Dude, I feel you. It's really hard to find information on that last 10% of modifications that people often overlook on most car builds. I feel like most people are satisfied with 80-90% functionality/copy and paste mods, but few go the extra mile with things like heat insulation, wiring, crankcase evacuation, etc. Fewer still do actual testing on more than one setup! Anyone that does is usually involved with it at some professional level, so they're not necessarily the most open about the information. The struggle of being a perfectionist.
I made a call to Swaintech today. I think I?ve determined that the manifold will see ?White Lightning? and the exhaust housing and DP will get Cerakote. I?ll be utilizing a blanket on the exhaust housing and Mike recommended against using any wraps in conjunction with the white lightning coating.

I will reach back out to Swaintech to verify I can use Cerakote on top of white lightning. After all, it is a paint based coating, not a thermally applied type like Swaintech?s coating.

It is extremely frustrating trying to find comparison data on this stuff. It seems like no one has taken the initiative to prove another type inferior. Mike even stated that they as a company aren?t out to discredit another companies coating or ability, simply that theirs performs at X, Y, Z for a given thickness. Perhaps, there are just too many variables between coating types to really warrant such a test? Who knows?