View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 02:09 PM   #119
91 240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
91 240 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasian View Post
Keep up with the updates, goin to be exciting to watch.
Thanks. if only I had more time

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchboost View Post
Nice progress dude. Lmk of you need an extra hand. I am officially down in ATX and have some free time when not traveling around for work.
Thanks Herb! sucks we haven't been able to meet up since you've moved down here. I'd definitely take you up on that offer, I just never know when I get to work on it. it's usually last minute or LATE at night. You still have the 631 number?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgs_7 View Post
This is fantastic, just went through the whole thread.

Were those headers done with a MIG? 110v?

That air compressor thing had me lol'in, I couldn't believe it.

Kudos to you sir! Love it

Do you have an idea on the total time duration and dollar spent on this project?
Thanks man, I appreciate it. The original and current headers were mig'd with a Miller 140 autoset, running off 110/115v. There were a Jeg's universal header kit, 1 5/8 aluminized steel.

Air compressor scared the shit out of me when it happened and pissed me off as I was in the f'n middle of my final base coat pass. no I look back and laugh.

I don't really know on the number of hours, but I might have to guess over 500 since starting the swap. i haven't tallied my receipts in a while, but at one point it was close to $15k for parts, tools, materials, etc. probably much more than that now. I'd guess about $30-40k if a shop would have done the work.