Thread: Dyno faq
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 07:56 PM   #16
hexdmy

Trader Rating: (0)
hexdmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
Not all Dyna Packs have water cooling. They are starting to come pre-equipt now. They still operate similar to a mustang dyno in regards to the fact that you can't quite hover in each indvivdual cell to do true steady state.
Interesting, I've never heard of Dynapacks that were not water cooled, if they were not, I would agree, you would have a hard time completing a mapping session without overheating the dyno. Before we bought our Dynapack dyno, we rented dyno time from Church Automotive Testing, and their unit has always been water cooled, so if Dynapack did ever did sell dyno's without water cooling, it was a long time ago.

I disagree with another statement made above about the Dynapack not being able to hold the vehicle well under steady state conditions. Considering I've used Dyno Dynamics, Mustang MD-250, Dynojet with eddy current, and a Mainline, the Dynapack, I've found, has been the most capable at holding steady state, and that's one of the main reasons we decided to purchase one. Under most situations, our Dynapack will hold +/- 5 RPM of the target, even at very high power levels.
hexdmy is offline   Reply With Quote