Old 05-23-2014, 02:48 PM   #6396
Bink Industries
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Bink Industries is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2o_matt View Post
Guess I took too long to type ha

In a drift the car is still rolling toward the leading wheel, so wouldn't you want some (-) camber gain on that wheel to fight the (+) camber effects of caster?
In road racing as you take a corner you turn the wheel the car tries to go straight but the tires win and make the car take the corner.as this happens you get a later load transfer to the outside wheel the tire will try and roll under the car and create an un even contact patch.

as you corner harder the more the tire will want to roll under its self at the same time the car with also roll over to the outside. to take advantage of the roll and use of suspension you ad camber. this will even out as you corner harder you camber in more keeping that flat contact patch.

make sense?

in drifting your not doing almost any of this. so the theory is different and the importance to get it bang on is not as important as your thinking. your camber is changing so much based on steering angle. it is (to me) almost impossible to have perfect contact patch ALL of or even most of the time unless u do what wise fab did and even he eliminated camber gain in the front as well.

camber gain in the rear is a huge no no but that's a whole nother story.

all this said with a traditional set up (cut knuckle, long flca) we don't have front grip issues. this is my opinion.