Thread: Ebola...
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 09:18 PM   #26
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Geezus... It goes on and on with you. Even with all your claimed training, you're still falling prey to irrational fear. http://www.businessinsider.com/man-w...hazmat-2014-10
Considering I wear those suits on a near weekly basis to protect myself from hazardous chemicals, I feel I've had enough experience with them to back up what I said. One good thing about them is that they are VERY resistant to petroleum based products and most fluids, however they are not completely fluid proof (ie, blood and water can soak through). They also tear easily, even a dull corner on a table will snag and rip the suit. Was the protocol supervisor at risk? Sure. Was he exposed? Unlikely, since the patient was suited up. Fact is, he was at risk, and it just gave the sensational media another "talking point". If he had suited up, nobody would've batted an eye.

Calling Mr. Duncan a selfish asshole may have been harsh, but I still stand by my opinion that he had an obligation to make it known that he was infected and he failed to do so, therefore affecting other people who otherwise may have never had contact with him or the disease. He made his bed and had to lie in it, and no matter what happens, he will probably always be remembered as the one who brought it to the US. It is unfortunate, but it is reality.