View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 09:22 AM   #913
Boostin Caffeine

Trader Rating: (0)
Boostin Caffeine is an unknown quantity at this point
What?s up dudes.. Newbie, but FAR long time lurker of the forums, just here to shed some info that may or may not have been covered before.

Starting off, the Factory CDXXX to End of service cover is 28?

With the collins A340, it?s the same 28?. Maybe useless to know, but that means the sandwich plate Adaptor adds about 1/2? to the total length.

I?m running factory flywheel M/T 3RZ bolts, this is because the Collins kit comes with some trash nonflanged grade 10.9 bolts. The 3RZ are 12 point, and high grade with factory thread locker cost: $20 from my local Yota dealer.
The collins Full Kit comes with some trash Ebay clutch setup, so I opted for a Southbends Clutch, and my Slave cylinder is a factory GM part, as far as my clutch lines and Bleeder valve, I went with the ISR T56 remote kit (comes with Wilwood MC setup). As far as the shifter goes, many probably know by now the collins shifter is trash, I made the mistake of buying it, and I?ll post a vid of how suicidal the shifts are.

Collins Shifter:
https://youtu.be/eolBShUOVfY

The Diff I?ll be using is an Early model Q45 6 bolt diff, with z33 axles. This diff is a similar ratio as the factory 350z rear diff, but complete bolt on for S13s.

I?ve bought both my CD009 Transmissions for $200, the trick is to look for 05? G/Z transmission, most of these are marked CD#1 on the casings. This doesn?t mean they are CD001 or CD008. Nissan recalled some transmissions for the syncros, and replaced the transmissions with Early CD009s. I?ve confirmed my ?Gold? transmission is in fact a true CD009 with ConceptZMotorsports. But it was for sale as a CD001, and I?ve seen others posted for sale the same way. Just a good thing to keep in mind while looking for them.

Sorry for longish post, but hopefully something is useful to someone.
Boostin Caffeine is offline   Reply With Quote