View Single Post
Old 06-11-2022, 07:21 AM   #7
RaidenKing
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
RaidenKing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
I got an s13sr with a nissan quest alternator. I'd pop your ecu out and check for codes, if you have consult hooked up, leverage that if possible. I always feel upgrading to an aftermarket ecu and harness is always going to be the answer to a majority of my problems because I can see the faults in realtime instead of chasing demons.

Every now and again my car will randomly throw knock if it's cold and dump fuel fowling my plugs and 02 sensor until I heat the car up enough driving like an asshole to get rid of it all cause I'm too lazy to pull it off and clean the fuel and carbon. lol

I've been looking into getting a consult just to see if there are codes being thrown. As of now, the only light I have on in the cluster is airbag - typical 240 stuff. Should I be looking for a specific version of the consult? Or will the newest version I can find cover everything? The ECU I have right now is a Martin special from Enthalpy. Tuned to my current modifications and all that.

I keep inspecting and finding new issues. Saw a loose nut on an exhaust manifold stud. Tried tightening and found that the stud itself had loosened. Pulled it out to find the stud took some interior metal with it in the threads. I was able to tighten it back in with a new stud as best I can, but the next thing for me to figure out is how to get a new stud in there nice and tight now that the stud hole is bigger. Have a feeling I'll have to throw in a bigger bolt in place of the stud. Had this happen once already with a CAS bolt where I had to go a size bigger because the threads had dug metal out on the inside.

Oh glorious fun!
RaidenKing is offline   Reply With Quote