View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 01:35 PM   #263
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
BarrigaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuego View Post
What would you say your limits are for speeding? As in 5 over, 10 over, or more?
Depends on a few things.

1) What is the area? In my area, we have several places that don't have huge traffic flows at night. So going 5-10 over might not get a ticket, but might get a pull over due to looking for DUI's. Also, I might just tail you for a little bit, again looking for DUI. If you are just speeding and slow down, I will just turn around. But if I notice weaving and other things while following, that will make me stop you.

Also depends if you are going through residential areas, school zones, or the highway.

2) Time of day. Is it 2am or 2pm? Because some of the areas that I stated in 1 have high traffic flow in the day time. If you are speeding 10 over at 2pm, there are more chances you are going to get a ticket because of the flow of traffic and the possibility you can hurt someone.

3) What is your driving behavior? Aggressive? Controlled? Inattentive? Those all come into play when I follow someone.

4) This probably is a combination of a few things, but was the violation significant? For instance, rolling through a red light while making a right hand turn. Unless you almost caused an accident or made traffic have to slow to you, yes, ticket time. But if there was no other vehicle, then no, just a warning. Did you blow through a red light at an intersection? At all times of day, for me, that is a ticket.

There are a few more things, but it all depends.

Also, someone stated using cameras while being stopped. Just a reminder, if you are doing that, and you wind up arrested, that camera will be impounded as evidence. And could stay with us for up to 3 years...depending if stuff goes to trial or not. Just a heads up. Some PD's in Az, if they notice someone video taping with a phone during a investigation (usually for DUI or something else major) will give the person two choices. Download the content for them or they will get a warrant to take the phone. Just beware if you like your recording device...