Thread: Ebola...
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 09:34 AM   #8
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
HORShi is an unknown quantity at this point
No it's not airbourne (currently). Not even in Africa. The reason why Africa is having an epidemic is because of the severe lack of resources medically. I have traveled to Africa ( 6 years ago and I traveled to the Gold Coast) and I will say people here in truly don't understand the severity of the lack of medical and resources in general the Ebola-infected countries.

Idk how much it have changed since I been, but from my own personal experience, most of the western African countries are notoriously corrupt, equivalent to Mexico or many of the Latin American countries. They allocation of resources and budgeting is shot, despite having a rich and abundance of natural resources. Their systems are greatly mismanaged, from medical, financially, industrially and on down. The line of poverty is also staggering (which ironically, most of the poor people are Muslim, and the extreme rich are Christians)

The only exception to this maybe the country of Ghana(Gold Coast). While still corrupt, is highly modernized, developed and if not the most diverse and developed economy possibly in entire Africa. It literally blew my mind and truly opened my eyes of how stereotypes and what you only see in the media can be absolutely BS and shitty and come to think of it, Ghana doesn't have NO cases of Ebola, despite being surrounded on both sides by Ebola stricken countries. But this could also be due to the fact that you cannot freely travel to Ghana, unlike here where you just show a passport and go through a scan and get patted down, there you are met with Ghana's military forced who are also armed and they do comprehensive checks. Even on their toll roads to enter/exit their country is quite comprehensive also.

Also FYI, the Ebola Virus Disease is actually caused by potentially 4 of the multi-family of viruses known as the Ebolavirus (which consist of 5 ebolaviruses total) and the most prolific and destructive virus of the family, is a virus simply called the "Ebola Virus" (Zaire Ebolavirus) which is potentially the biggest contributor to the Ebola Virus Disease that the people of West Africa is catching. So essentially, Ebola Virus Disease is derived from the 4 of the ebolavirus

(Just to put out some info of exactly what is Ebola)

What I find is funny is that because of this...this has brought 3 major topics here in the states...

1) Whether the U.S. should had let Texas succeed to their own republic (which is actually very funny)
2) The call for a permanent U.S. Surgeon General
3) How to approach this issue
4) and of course, wouldn't be America if we didn't have the person to blame and take the fame...Obama, CDC, Texas, Republicans, Democrats, Your mom, Sarah Palin, Illuminati blah, blah, blah and anything above.

Do you guys potentially think this could spread in such the way it did in West Africa?

I honestly believe it can stop here, unless of course we continue to have the amazing incompetence demonstrated by the CDC.

and I have to ask this, because it's honestly hilarious that it's even a consideration on the news,

Should we grant Texas their wish as their own Republic? lol.