View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 08:11 AM   #12
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
I'd have to find where I wrote down all the bearing clearances and rings gaps etc. But it was right in the middle of the oem allownaces. The car is used for drifting. It was a full rebuild with ross pistons and eagle rods. Oil pan is stock, I just rebuilt the oil pump. In all honesty I got the rods and pistons second hand. The bottom end they came out of was a "perfectly running" motor that had a 4 piece piston and 2 mismatched rod caps when I pulled it apart. I ordered 2 new parts. What I think happened is the rotating assembly was out of balance. I emailed Eagle directly about replacement rods and they never said anything about needing to send the set in to match them all up. I found out once the motor was back in the car. My fault for not doing any research.
Factory tolerance for rod bearings is too tight for an engine that sees abuse. I'd open up the rods to .002" and run a solid 5w40 or 5w50 if I were you. This is the #1 reason that most Nissan engines eat rod bearings at the track.

Also double check the big end dimensions of those eagles, they're notorious for being inconsistent/out of round and needing a resize.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote