View Single Post
Old 03-23-2022, 08:36 PM   #124
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Oh man its been a while, a lot has happened with this turd and in my life. Glad to see Zilvia is back up!

October of last year I closed on my first house and moved in shortly after, S13 was back burnered, white Z32 got some love then got sold in December. Finally have my own spot and a 2 car garage to call my own! Picked up some Quick Jacks with the profit from the Z32 and hopped back to finish up the S13.

Panasports came back from power coat and polishing, threw the double stagger set together and finally got to see a glimpse of what all this work was for.

Car was scheduled to hit the dyno at UMS Tuning on 1/6/2022, but I ran into some clutch issues that made me miss that date. OS Giken twin disk I had bolted up the the SR wasn't disengaging and originally I suspected an issued with the Z32 transmission I had disassembled/reassembled a few years back. Decided to throw the SR transmission back in, pulled an all nighter after work and realized that the transmission wasn't the issue.

Was beyond frustrated pulling the transmission out of the car trying to get the clutch to work and decided the best route to fixing the issue was to replace the clutch. The homie Juan, AKA Bardabe, got my setup with an ATS single metallic clutch and the car went back together and finally everything worked! Chose this clutch due to its power handling capabilities and how ATS rated the pedal pressure. Overall really happy with it, pedal is great, engagement is great, but does have a bit of that chatter from a stop that is expected from a puck clutch.

Car hit the dyno at UMS Tuning on 3/3/2022 and ran like an absolute champ! On a low boost break in map it made an impressing 299/243 at just 10psi. Full boost around 3600rpm, power is linear to 7k rpm and has a great torque plateau that translates to the car feeling waaayy faster than I expected.

Been driving the car around and feeling it out, need to make some alignment changes, but overall its really good. Also need to finish fitting the kit up, but I can't find an OE rear crash bar locally and the bumper doesn't fit properly without it...