View Single Post
Old 05-21-2023, 08:11 PM   #24
thermogod
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
thermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond repute
NEXT!

5 lug swap done with Contano hubs and rotors from Rockauto. MAN, the rear hubs were a pain in the ass - an impact, with a 12" extension, with a 6" extension, with a 1/2" swivel socket, made it a little better.

and of course, these Amistads didn't fit. i'm dumb for picking them up, knew they wouldn't really fit...17x9 17x10.5 unknown offset.

my solution, which i think was a great solution, was to sell the Amistads back to the person i bought em from and buy a set of Enkei Aegis, which are on the way with tires. i will post way better pics when i can drive the vert without wheels that chew up my fenders. also need to install the Duraflex JUNK skirts i picked up.

will probably swap out the cluster LEDs and interior lights for some purple ones. Nikita Rushmanov's vert just looks great like that.

i was able to get in touch with the previous owner again - he said he bought the car unregistered with no wiring harness. he installed the Wiring Specialties harness and borrowed the KA24E ECU from a friend at his shop, and gave up on the car after it wouldn't run properly. he then let the car sit outside for 2 years - which explains the coolant system full of rust, faded paint, ripped rear window, but does NOT explain how the power steering banjo bolt fell out, why there's a hood scoop hole etc.

i'm still having an issue where if i start it up cold, idle will immediately drop to 0 unless i hold throttle for a few seconds - after which it idles great. runs/drives great. but when it's cold, it seems to not want to idle on startup without throttle. my IACV isn't plugged in if that matters (harness has no plugs for it).

long story short - new wheels coming, skirts coming, couple interior color changes, and much better pictures. this thread isn't about installing as many rare vintage parts as possible - just about saving this car from its previous owners.