View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 01:32 PM   #132
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
That has more to do with the FED changing interest rates and directly affecting the stock market than not being on a gold standard.

If we did nothing else but go back to a gold standard the above would remain almost completely unchanged.
As I've said in the past in this thread, if the dollar sinks, what do we base the value of gold from?

I think you're main argument is you want a 'backed' system, not a credit based. Unfortunatly that sort of system prohibits many things that keep our businesses growing/expanding/mvoing onward...credit. A backed system or 1:1 system simply would never work in today's world, nor has it ever since 'paper' systems have come in place.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote