View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 10:20 AM   #35
shaggyjake
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choices
So, my friend Ryan has the car now and he'll be maintaining it for the next few years. He picked up some 275/35r18 RS-RR tires. The plan is to fit these on all four corners of the car.

I'm going to continue competing in the Nissan challenge and will start the Global Time Attack series upon my return from italy. At that time i will start working on a functional front splitter and rear wing setup.

In the meantime, I've been contemplating the Car Modify Wonder body kit, namely for the large front opening for the radiator, and it sits low which should help make for a more successful splitter application.

Here is some quick maths to help determine how the new tires will fit.

the new wheels i'm looking to get are pricey but also beautiful and functional. The only thing i'm concerned about will be the front and rear fitment. These wheels are offered in a 18x10 +30 and +22mm setups.

The +30 is a medium face and the +22 is a rear face (more concave)

I know for sure i'm going to have to go with at least a +20mm fender up front, possibly a +30. Toby Broadfield did an amazing example of a wider front fender with stock pulled metal in the back.
I will be running a track oriented fitment setup (-3.5 degrees camber up front and -2 degrees camber in the rear, which should allow more clearance than the setup that he had).

I think with a good pull in the back I could use the +30 wheel with the 275 tire, and fit the same wheel and tire up front with a 20mm spacer and +30mm fenders. Wondering if it would look weird or upset the balance of the car having a wider width up front than out back.

I could go with a 30mm overfender in the rear and also run a spacer out back to give it equal widths for both the front and rear, but I don't know if I'm that commited to trusting someone else to cut into the quarter panel and welding, and then paint. We're talking about another $8,000 for wheels, body, and paint.

Probably will have at least a month or two to think this over, as i will be too busy with the move to purchase anything anyways. I did give him permission to track the car at the drag strip (have never run a legit quarter mile at a strip and i'm excited to find out how the car does).
shaggyjake is offline   Reply With Quote