View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 06:17 PM   #42
shaggyjake
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choices
May 18 Update.

Back in April I had an opportunity to get out to Buttonwillow with Nissan Challenge. Shout out to my parents who had sent me a gift certificate for speed ventures for my birthday. I towed the car out there from San Diego and I'm glad I did because I left bakersfield with a bad rear wheel bearing and a broken wheel stud.

Apart from that, the car performed well. On the last session my oil temps got pretty high and oil pressure started to drop a bit under one particular corner. I didn't have this issue last time when the car had amsoil in it, but this time with a mobil-1 5w-50...I'm wondering if the sump was suffering from aeration.

BW

A couple weeks ago I was gifted a pretty sweet workbench that my work was getting rid of. Very excited about this, a lot more surface area to work with and it has a 6.5" vice to replace the 4" vice that I broke right before my track day.

Been spending a lot of money on maintenance parts for the cars and house and decided to treat myself to a little cosmetic addition.

Also found this in an unopened box. I forgot when or how i got this and I'm not sure if I'm going to use it but it is a cool piece.

Currently waiting for new wheel bearings to be delivered, along with a bunch of other goodies from Z1 motorsports:
-new driveshaft hardware (bolt, split washer, nut)
-new front brake pads for the z32 brakes
-powertrix tension rods
-and some shiny new lug nuts

I need to spend more time getting organized but it's starting to shape up.
With 4 cars in my personal fleet of shitboxes you need to have plenty of oil.

Car has been on jackstands since my track day but as soon as these parts get in I'm hoping to get it back on the road and shredding in the canyons again.

Always a struggle when you are building on a budget. I love the S15 suede seats but there's just not enough support for track days. I really like the Status GTX seats and I can get custom fabric made with a very similar material and color to the silvia seats. That's about $2k for a pair.

Also been wanting to get some 350z axle flanges but nobody stocks HLSD output shafts which means sending them out to someone like defworx.

The LS7 clutch is starting to have it's own issues as well so I'll probably wait until i'm ready to drop in a Mcleod clutch and pull the differential output shafts at the same time to get the z33 conversion done.

ANNNNNND I've been wanting to get some bash bars with jack supports, a half cage, and maybe a removable radiator support with tubular headlight brackets instead of the flimsy oem stuff for the pop ups. Will probably go to defworx for all that when the time is right.

Oh, and the car needs to be painted, too.

Here we are going into my 8th year of ownership with the car and I still don't have my shit together.

Still having fun, though.
shaggyjake is offline   Reply With Quote