View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #94
RedSiBaron
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
RedSiBaron is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejota180sx View Post
ok, i didn't really search 90mm modules. I searched just for for "projectors" and always ended up at that retrofitsou.... site. Googled those exact words you said and came up with a few HELLA versions of them... picture from the site

They have the option of bihalogen and bixenon which is good to know and also the LED headlights. those would give a much better lightouput as you said. They also have the carrier for them. But im still stuck on the same part of a OEM type bezel.

These would make the project much more worthwhile, even if you are going "sleepy" (i hate that name) headlights or flushmounted. But i would still want a oem surround around them or a crystal or DOT type cover for them if flush mounted.

A CAD would be simple enough to make for the surround and maybe even the crystal. But how to get them produced is where im stuck. Going to have to search if anyone on this island has the way of producing a design in plastic (in my case).
whats funny is I just went in search of what circular headlights I would use on this, and came to the conclusion of using the same DOT approved Hella modules used on the moss motors dual round headlights on the miatas.

the 90mm hellas were what I found.

basically id stick with these 2 one low and one high, or we could run two hi/lo bi-halogen and if someone wants bi-zenon, they can wire them up as well

HELLA 008191057 90mm 12V High Beam Halogen Headlamp Module : Amazon.com : Automotive

and

Amazon.com: HELLA 008193027 90mm DE Series 12V Low Beam Halogen Headlamp Module: Automotive

again, I AM NOT BUILDING ANYTHING BUT THE ABFLUG STYLE
RedSiBaron is offline   Reply With Quote