View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 02:02 AM   #111
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post

^ this is the reason people are stupid, they like things that look "bitchin" but work like total shit. There is a reason cars dont have tiny headlights like that, because they dont exist. Those are fog/driving lights, not headlights.

Nothing like telling your friends that your racecar is so fast, it out-runs the headlights at 30mph.

You dont need to trust my word, just think about it... the 1st-gen NSX lights were designed in the early 90s for a 90s-era car. They are expensive, fairly bulky, and simply wont fit into our cars without some heavy modification. I wont say impossible, I just wont say it would be proper when done.

You hear people say how good S2000 optics are. Whatever. I never found them to be anything special or holy. Just another HID projector.

Nowadays, there are a LOT of newer optics worth looking into. Many companies are now making LED versions of the 90mm low and high beam modules, it may be worth looking into.

I'm just one guy who happens to fab things up, I'm not the end-all fabricator. I think a lot of you guys can build something of quality as long as you dont cut corners. In the end, you'll probably find out how time consuming and expensive it is in the long run... but thats usually how things work out.

Do your research, you'll find newer/better/more modern components that will make your life a lot easier as opposed to trying to use old parts from an older sportscar. Besides..... the NSX is slow.
Well, my s13 outruns the crooked sealed beams at 30. So, it might be an even trade.

Nevertheless, I don't get why people think that shit looks good. Supermade lights look somewhat worse than driving around with a pair of steaming cow turds sitting on your bumper.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote