View Single Post
Old 06-10-2022, 09:50 AM   #4
RaidenKing
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
RaidenKing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Check and service your idle air control valve.

My S13 has similar symptoms.
...I have no IACV at all.

Fans, AC ETC draw a ton of power, especially when they first start. Seems like your IACV can't / isn't compensating.
Thank you, I went ahead and fully disassembled the IACV this morning and sprayed down with carb cleaner. Also took small bits of paper towels and Q-tips to get into those harder to reach carbon filled places. I had sprayed out the main body with carb cleaner before, but never really hit those important spots. Reassembled it with the springs in the right places and took a test drive.

It seems to have helped a little, as I drove for a couple hours today with about a 50/50 shot of my revs dipping between 500-850, or hanging out at 850-1k. In the times it dipped around the 500-850 zone, the car would eventually stall if not given a little throttle blip.

I noticed when placing it in neutral to coast up to a stoplight, the revs would mostly catch and hover at 1.5k - 1.2k before going back under 1k. After going under 1k, it was still that 50/50 shot.

Strangely, the idle was fine when the fans came on before I drove it. The problem seems to arise more when I have given it some revs or driven, as hitting low revs had manifested before I was able to get out of the neighborhood.

Although there is the other strange part where about half of the red lights I stopped at had a perfect idle. I don't know what could be making this so inconsistent? I checked for continuity on the plugs for both sides as well, and everything seems to be properly pinned/flowing.
RaidenKing is offline   Reply With Quote