View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 11:37 AM   #107
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post

These aren't on the street, they're sponsor built race cars. I see what you're doing there but come on
Agree. However the styling of these "racecars" certainly influences streetcars. I do understand the skyjacked ride heights for performance reasons, but all the over the top shitty vinyl and paint schemes really piss me off.

http://realize-jp.net/2014/02/01/why...-went-to-shit/

"With D1 cars no longer coming to the States, the standard for car looks suddenly dropped and spiraled into a downward snowball from there.

Nowadays, most people who are still involved or interested in drifting learned of its existence after D1GP had already stopped coming to America. Once that happened, the sport evolved in a different way here than it did in Japan, just like the different dialects of an original language.

New people got introduced to drifting through Formula D and that became the only form of drifting they knew. American style became the only style and slowly from there it kept evolving to what it is today. Most people at any given Formula D event today do not know who Yasuyuki Kazama is. They don’t know what Dart Izumi is. But they sure do know what Sikky and Hoonigan are."