View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #25
Aaj2k5
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Aaj2k5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Finally found some time to work on Z (truck needed yet another motor ).

Got all 4 corners done for camber plates.

Started on the boxes for the main hoop:

Not nearly finished as the R34 subframe has to mount to these somehow.

Spent a bit of today time on this:

FWIW, little while ago I received a hydraulic power pack, a hydraulic ram (6" bore, 2" rod, 4" stroke), 8' of 1.25" stainless rod, 8' of 1" threaded rod, 1/4" wall 6x6x10, 40 feet of 1/4"x2x6, 8 feet of 6" c channel and some other bits.... FREE! so I am turning them all into a hydraulic shop press. I haven't done the math on it yet but I estimate the ram to be roughly 50 ton. I'm making attachments so I can use it as a brake, shear, mounting a JD Squared model 3 vertically on the back (baller tube bender), hydraulic hose crimper (ends came on the ram for this), as well as a general shop press (bearings, bushings, dimple die's etc..)..

Pretty stoked to get going on the car and press now that the truck is all wrapped up.

Got some work done on the press today. Would've been a lot farther if metal supply stores were fricken open on Sundays..

1.5HP motor to the hydraulic pump, should put out more than enough. Motor is held to the press via a plate with 4 holes with bolts welded and their heads cut off flush, then the plate welded to frame.

The gauge was fubar'd so I picked up a digital readout gauge that has a programmable pressure setpoint. This means I can hold the handle full tilt and it will automatically shut off the pump (or divert) back to tank if I set it up as a pressure relief.
Aaj2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote