View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 12:24 PM   #10
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Ive covered this topic MANY times before... and Ill go ahead and do it again

Assuming since you used the word "parents" in your post, youre probably very young. If that is the case, DO NOT buy a 240sx. 10-12 years ago, you could get away with it... now, not so much. These cars are old, and I mean REALLY old. 25 year old cars are dinosaurs in the automotive world. You dont make the sort of income needed to buy one of these cars, clean it up and make it into something reliable. The majority of whats out there is beat to shit, in need of major overhauls regarding suspension, motor, interior and exterior work aaaaaaaaand owning one of these cars now is a huge financial burden that unless you are well into your career and can handle restoring a car from scratch, you are gonna hate life!

Your best bet if you want an entry level RWD coupe is to go buy an FRS/BRZ. Theyre clean, they have millions of different mods, theyre RELIABLE, theyre fun to drive, they look good and theyre not restoration projects that will eat your entire life!

Finish HS if you havent already, go to college, get establish in your career, make good money, buy a house... THEN buy a 240sx because until you can afford to drop $2000 here and $3000 there on parts and install them yourself, owning and rebuilding/restoring a 240sx is NOT for you. Trust me, Ive been building S13s for 15 years now. Im on my 5th S13 and this is the LAST 240sx I ever plan on owning! If I buy another s-chassis, it will be a low mileage S15 Silvia when they become available. Thing is, Im 35 and I can AFFORD to own toys now... youre just getting started in life and owning a drift car when youre young is a huge mistake (I made the same mistake, but 240s were in much BETTER condition back then)

Im gonna go ahead and lock this thread now given posts like the OP's basically just kick up a hornets nest of shit talking.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!