View Single Post
Old 09-11-2002, 08:42 AM   #18
Foxcolt
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
Foxcolt is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Foxcolt
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ruf @ Sep. 06 2002,2:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To tell you the truth, the one reason I didn't jump in on this is the fact that there was no identification of the diff. I KNOW that the Nismo diff is a clutch-pack diff. People seemed to keep throwing around the word "mechanical" like it's actually definitive. The "mechanical" one that is described on JSpec is not helical/Torsen, but clutch. I personally would like a Nismo 2-way clutch diff, but this looked like it was going to unravel from the beginning because even the GB organizer was unsure of the product he was getting.</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
Upon doing some research I found that nissan motorsports and nismo of japan sell two different Diffs. Nissan Motorsports sells the 1.5 LSD while nismo can get both 1.5 and 2 way LSD's.
My contact at the dealership did not know whether the LSD he would get would be from nissan motorsports or from nismo. He also didn't know whether it would be 1.5 or 2 way. Upon hearing that I promptly told him that until he finds out exactly what he can get I would not buy nor have anyone buy from him.
I apologize if I wasn't sure of what kind of LSD they were selling. I was under the impression that these were nismo 2way Mechanical LSD's.
I will keep working on this &nbsp;group buy, because I personally want one. So hopefully I'll have something set up soon.

Thanks
Jed