View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 12:39 PM   #221
tougetuned
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
tougetuned is making a name for him/her selftougetuned is making a name for him/her self
It's been a while since I've updated this, I've been pretty busy with the car. I ended up picking up a built motor with the turbo setup I wanted local for a decent deal. I'm still fighting a few of issues with it, mostly rich idle and going lean under boost. I had a lot of odd charging system/grounding issues that are pretty much sorted out now. I ended up running a 2/0 battery cable, converted to Quest alternator using the CodyAce bracket and added some additional engine grounds. On one of my first test drives my heater core decided to disintegrate on me, along with other coolant and power steering overheating issues. The engine bay is ugly right now so I'm not posting any pictures of it yet. I still have a lot of fab work that needs to be done, intake made, new wastegate dump, intercooler piping etc. But it runs and drives! I took it up to the Blue Ridge Parkway on Saturday, I couldn't be happier to have it back driving!