View Single Post
Old 04-25-2023, 07:42 AM   #23871
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Completely the opposite problem but after my car had been parked up for ages and I was overhauling the brake system I was having a hell of a time adjusting the rear calipers/parking brakes. I found that they had basically gotten overextended and wedged 'on' and my adjustments kept making it worse. I could see this happening intermittently when the brakes are hot with the extended lever arms. Not blaming the seahorses themselves, just that the extra leverage might make it easier to get in that state depending on how the pad thickness/rotor thickness/lever and cable adjustment/caliper adjustment all stack up.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote