Thread: S14 mpg?
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2023, 01:20 PM   #12
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
IDK where you're getting those numbers from...

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymo...an_240SX.shtml
I measured it myself. I'm not sure why the posted mpg is so low. Those stock estimates are the mpg values I get with a 5.3L V8 + 4l80e 600rwhp with spirited driving and +300lbs. It's not accurately represented.

I've never seen a factory auto ka24de do less than 25mpg combined and I am pretty sure its 28 to 29mpg highway if the car is cruising maybe 65mph instead of 80mph. I never kept the ka very long though. The sr20 I have measured mpg far more often than the KA and I know for sure 30mpg is just a standard for the 5-speed swap. The lowest I ever recorded for sr20 was 25mpg combined and this was with an engine that had over 250,000 miles and 120psi of compression across the board.

Everytime I fill the tank to the top and record the mileage, add it to a spreadsheet, average, deviation, t-test, normal distribution. Check speedo accuracy.
My quoted numbers are scientific and accurate.