Thread: S14 mpg?
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2023, 11:08 PM   #14
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
I measured it myself. I'm not sure why the posted mpg is so low. Those stock estimates are the mpg values I get with a 5.3L V8 + 4l80e 600rwhp with spirited driving and +300lbs. It's not accurately represented.

I've never seen a factory auto ka24de do less than 25mpg combined and I am pretty sure its 28 to 29mpg highway if the car is cruising maybe 65mph instead of 80mph. I never kept the ka very long though. The sr20 I have measured mpg far more often than the KA and I know for sure 30mpg is just a standard for the 5-speed swap. The lowest I ever recorded for sr20 was 25mpg combined and this was with an engine that had over 250,000 miles and 120psi of compression across the board.

Everytime I fill the tank to the top and record the mileage, add it to a spreadsheet, average, deviation, t-test, normal distribution. Check speedo accuracy.
My quoted numbers are scientific and accurate.
What you're describing is your anecdotal experience. I've gotten better than the EPA/manufacturer's rating myself.

However, factors like elevation, gas quality, etc are variables that can skew the final numbers. Manufacturers most likely use a secure facility to get these numbers out so they can give standardized results. To dealerships that will be selling these cars across the globe.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote