View Single Post
Old 03-26-2021, 07:51 AM   #12
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
I have no doubt if I wanted an sr or rb I would need to piece one together and rebuild

However the weight of an L33 engine 5.3L is similar or less than either of those engines and costs a fraction of the price. And it fits into a 240sx as easily as either, and more balanced than an RB or 2J. So I dont see what the big deal is.

Hate all you want but 'modern' (04-07) LS variant aluminum truck engines are superior in almost every respect.

That said, prices of the L33 will follow the sr/rb engines shortly. And there is nothing to replace it directly (gen4 internals with gen3 electronics), so pretty soon it will be in the similar situation. Grab one asap imo or 5 years from now you will be looking back with a similar thread

worst case is, you buy now for cheap and sell in a few years for triple the price and profit.
All of us can win even without installing the engine into anything.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote