View Single Post
Old 03-26-2021, 11:51 AM   #14
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
I have no doubt if I wanted an sr or rb I would need to piece one together and rebuild

However the weight of an L33 engine 5.3L is similar or less than either of those engines and costs a fraction of the price. And it fits into a 240sx as easily as either, and more balanced than an RB or 2J. So I dont see what the big deal is.

Hate all you want but 'modern' (04-07) LS variant aluminum truck engines are superior in almost every respect.

That said, prices of the L33 will follow the sr/rb engines shortly. And there is nothing to replace it directly (gen4 internals with gen3 electronics), so pretty soon it will be in the similar situation. Grab one asap imo or 5 years from now you will be looking back with a similar thread

worst case is, you buy now for cheap and sell in a few years for triple the price and profit.
All of us can win even without installing the engine into anything.
I'd rather just buy another corvette or ss/zl1/z28. I get the cost vs. HP factor of a GM v8, I really do, but we're on the subject of JDM engines.

Nothing beats a JZ or RB26 in an s-chassis for the cool factor IMO. "Covid BS" or not parts prices have gone up as car prices have gone up and these engines are more rare and only getting older. It's just the reality of cars becoming older, more scarce, and more desirable.