View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 04:48 PM   #81
91 240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
91 240 is on a distinguished road
Time for a few updates. Holidays took a lot of time from me and I dont have a lot to show for it pic-wise, but i have knocked out some big items.

The last time i posted on it, it was over heating pretty quickly just from idling or cruising around the neighborhood. Come to find out, a modification i did to the water pump to plug the heater core outlets actually blocked flow through the thermostat. Sooo, very little coolant was flowing through the motor, definitely not enough. I pulled the water pump and thermostat off and drilled a hole inside the pump to allow water to flow around the thermostat.

I drove the car around 5-10 miles, nothing too much, and things seemed to be working better. I only had 1 fan running and the temps never got above 205*, i'll keep playing with this more as I start putting more consistent miles on it.

I pretty much finished my engine bay wire tuck. I condensed and relocated the pass side fuse box under the dash (pics of this coming) and moved the driver's side relay/fuse box under the wheel well, basically the same location. cleaned up the bundle of wires i had zip-tied around the driver's headlight (if you noticed in the video) and ran the wiring along the lower radiator core support. Only have one pic of the box location.

Then i was able to finally take care of something that i've been wanting to do for quite a while....i painted the hatch and quarter window areas with 2 coats of epoxy primer. Now i can put the quarter windows back on, get taillights mounted, relocate battery, mount the fuel door to the floor and then i can get the hatch back on. One step closer to being road worthy.

I came across a deal that i couldn't pass up. I found a brand new set of CTS-V Brembos at a killer price. Rotors from a Mistubishi Evo 8/9 and Mazworx brackets.

Pretty big size difference compared to the 30mm z32 calipers I had before(not my pic, I was working quick to get it done and didn't get a comparison pic)

Here's a wheel shot, i'll get better ones when I move it out of the garage again.

Finally, over the weekend i pulled the dash back out and have been working cleaning up all the wiring since everything works now, i need to make it a little more presentable. While i'm at it, i'm installing a new Viper alarm w/ remote start (Thanks Broadfield!).

i'm hoping to finish all the dash wiring this weekend and start piecing the interior back for good.