View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 11:59 AM   #87
91 240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
91 240 is on a distinguished road
well, I haven't had an update lately as I've been troubleshooting several things.

had a p/s leak in the rack, attempted a rebuild that failed epically, then finally settled on a reman'd rack.

Then I've been battling overheating issues. I caved and ditched my current setup to something else.

Old set up was a C&R single pass with dual 12" pusher fans and a 160* tstat.

Now i'm going with a Griffin 52801-x, dual 1.25" core, dual pass, a single zirgo 14" puller fan and an OEM 180* tstat.

i'm doing a custom tucked radiator setup to move the rad 3" away from the motor and turbo piping. this requires a little fab work that I haven't fully completed yet, but I have a few pics of where i'm at right now. I hope to have more progress over the next week or so.

pic of rad and new fan

hole in the upper rad support for the rad filler neck

notched about 3/8" from the lower rad support. i'll be welding this up to regain rigidity from notching

front view of temp mounting

engine side view of temp mounting

new clearance I have to mount the 14" puller. I have right at 1" of space between the fan motor and exhaust. hopefully this will be enough

I just need to figure out now to mount it to the car to be strong enough to support the weight.

Hopefully I'll have more updates in the next 2 weeks.