View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 08:47 PM   #23804
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
-Are Walbro 255(TI-Automotive) now shit? They were the everyone and their grandma's go-to but have heard some concerns on build quality in the last few years.
no idea on current walbro quality. went thru 1 in my current 240 after 4-5 years of daily driving. currently on my 2nd... car is no longer daily driven and pump was replaced in like 2015.

Quote:
-Aeromotive/AEM 340's seem to have good reputation but I think are essentially the same thing from the same Chinese factory
these require wiring in a relay... they dont have the same amp in them walbros do and wont supply consistent fuel pressure after 4000-5000rpms (figured this out via gauge in my car)

Quote:
-Denso Supra TT OE pump?
if these are still made and available... they are 100% worth the trouble of running a relay! had one in my previous S13 from 06-09. can handle E85 just fine too.

Quote:
-Deatschwerks DW300?
wouldnt touch Deatschwerks stuff again after their injectors

Quote:
-If I ball out and buy a Sard pump from Japan am I guaranteed JDM tyte reliability?
zero input on the SARD unit.

Quote:
Really only concerned about longevity and reliability here.
walbro works fine. just keep your tank above 1/4 otherwise you will burn the amp out in the pump. Denso Supra pump is my best route vote 100% and worth wiring in a relay to keep consistent 12v (S13 only gets 10v to the pump IIRC).

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote