View Single Post
Old 12-10-2022, 10:48 AM   #23805
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
no idea on current walbro quality. went thru 1 in my current 240 after 4-5 years of daily driving. currently on my 2nd... car is no longer daily driven and pump was replaced in like 2015.

these require wiring in a relay... they dont have the same amp in them walbros do and wont supply consistent fuel pressure after 4000-5000rpms (figured this out via gauge in my car)

if these are still made and available... they are 100% worth the trouble of running a relay! had one in my previous S13 from 06-09. can handle E85 just fine too.

wouldnt touch Deatschwerks stuff again after their injectors

zero input on the SARD unit.

walbro works fine. just keep your tank above 1/4 otherwise you will burn the amp out in the pump. Denso Supra pump is my best route vote 100% and worth wiring in a relay to keep consistent 12v (S13 only gets 10v to the pump IIRC).
I actually saw you endorse the supra pump and naysay the Walbro in some really old threads which somewhat inspired this question. Any special notes for installing a supra pump into an S13 sending unit?
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote