View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 05:27 AM   #868
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleakley View Post
What?s the consensus / review on the Collins adapter kit?
I currently have a KA and the end goal is RB25DET.
With this kit it looks like I can kill two birds with one stone.
(I do see the mazworx KAVQ kit w/ GKTech shifter a good option for KA, but leaves me with figuring something out later for RB)

Seems to be a lot of f***in? around with this Z33 trans. Other option I?m considering is R33/Z31 transmission w/ Alpha Omega for the KA then just switch to RB25 bellhousing when I go RB25.

@mint240 ?> Regarding diffs. Taking into account cd009?s 6th ratio @ 0.794, any diff. 3.5-3.9 would be good ballpark (for street/highway) and depending on preference and application. I myself plan on going w/ a late Q45 @ 3.69 or a Ford 8.8 @ 3.73
I have a thread on diffs and am pretty well versed on the combinations especially for S13. If you need a hand message me. Q45 diffs are cheap btw @ like $250 or less.

I saw somewhere that using a piece from the xterra truck I believe changed the diff gearing to something tolerable. Any input on that? I just went CD009 on my JZ and I already have a Kaaz 2 way I?d like to preserve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro