View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 10:12 AM   #49
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Trader Rating: (0)
Jeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond repute
The new manifold is made to have a "weldless" inside. HA! And designed to flow the exhaust gas directly into the turbine blades. Now, if this were the correct way to go about it, Full Race wouldn't have a giant pulse collector. Nor would PK, or Peak Boost, or any other manifold manufacturer.
The manifold, which is STILL listed as equal length on their site, has been changed to something that looks like a tubular style RevHard manifold.

The wastegate routing seems to be cosmetic. If the turbo wasn't internally gated, that piping wouldn't work I don't think. See.. to get to the wastegate, the exhaust would have already needed to go through the turbine blades to exit the snail. That negates the effect a WG would have.

Finally, the welds are nice. Never complained about them, even on my manifold. Weldless interior? Ha. There *will* be vibration in there. And that *will* disrupt flow. As does cramming individual pulses together, then direct into the turbine blades. That thing flows like crap in theory. And if he has flow numbers.. he needed to post them, and not a BS 21.7% better statement.
-Jeff