View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 02:15 PM   #113
claaasssiiiccc21
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
claaasssiiiccc21 has a spectacular aura aboutclaaasssiiiccc21 has a spectacular aura aboutclaaasssiiiccc21 has a spectacular aura aboutclaaasssiiiccc21 has a spectacular aura aboutclaaasssiiiccc21 has a spectacular aura aboutclaaasssiiiccc21 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramonesfreak2010 View Post
This says it all.

A lot of the new s-chasis owners think this is ok and cool. I will always love my 240. I really only come here to read a few build threads and just browse the classifieds.
LOL this. But seriously for many reasons.
1. 240s were popular during/just after the 2008 recession which made the cheap entry price attractive.
At that time there was not a large "used" parts market for EVO/STI type cars, and those cars were still north of $25,000 at that point.

2. Also, fast and the furious helped a lot whether we like to admit it or not, similar to the honda/dsm scene in 2001-2003. New fast and furious movies left S-chassis out of focus killing the car's credibility.

3. Drifting has killed off a lot of these cars because idiots think its cool to crash and smash every fender they can on S chassis, ruining the value of the car. Once a 240 is "missled" it completely takes itself out of the market as a presentable street car, only being valuable to a drifter.

3.5 240s are really a ghetto ride now, 5 years ago a CLEAN Kouki s14/s13 could be driven to a job interview and not be taken as a joke immature jacka$$. Nowadays 240s scream broke a$$, or high school kid copying off his older brother from 5-10 years before.

4. RUST

5. Us. Being horribly rude to new guys. A certain 15 guys are always posting on every nube's question and just shitting on them to the point of popularity for "oh damn, this guy is gonna get burned". We were all new at 1 point. There was a point when i couldn't wire up an SR20 blindfolded at night in adverse conditions by feel, and while its cool that many of us have built 5-10 of these cars from scratch and have small nissan junkyards in our garages, we need to respect the new guys for at least trying to learn and not just asking the idiot behind the counter at AutoZone.

6. Moderators. What the hell has happened to this place? So many damn rules, texting for pics bans and that bullshatt... Its getting ridiculous and has forced many including myself to go elsewhere... Nico... gag...

7. That kid who asked if an RB25 was too much for a 17 year old, and if he should have started his pro nascar/D1/monster truck career with a lowly SR. That kid needs his Del Sol back.
claaasssiiiccc21 is offline   Reply With Quote