View Single Post
Old 10-19-2023, 06:56 PM   #69
DEGUZZI
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
DEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to all
Rare same-day update, but this was very curious to realize:

Cometic's MLS head gasket has extra holes vs OEM/Fel-Pro

Even Tomei's head gasket matches OEM. Pretty weird.

But before I get to that, while I was taking the engine apart again, I found some more vacuum lines to replace by the PAIR valve.

I wasn't able to get a picture, but this tube was completely sealed! I had to poke a hole through it.

Got the head off and...

At first glance I thought I had clogged passages, but it was actually just the gasket material bubbled up from the heat:

That's when I started comparing gaskets and to see which have matching holes and where:

I have the unfortunate privilege of having 3 head gaskets, but neat little side-by-side between Cometic vs OEM/Fel-Pro

...And I painted the head shield black; I hope I don't regret it, LOL

Hoping to have a smooth reassembly tomorrow!

-------------

~Side note, dailying the Civic has been a blast! Grinded 500 miles within the first week just so I could enjoy max RPM sooner, haha