View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 10:33 AM   #1924
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
Question...

How did Australia get so cool over the years?

I remember back in in the mid 2000's they were basically the laughing stock of the drift community. I recall the term "Ausfailia" at the time. Their road regulations were so strict it made it basically impossible to have a cool looking car. Lowered? Camber? Tire Stretch? Exhaust? nopenopenopenopenope fines everywhere for Australians. Most cars looked horrible.

Have the regulations loosened up? Or is everyone just saying fuck it?

Example, the entire NICE VIBE blog:

https://nicevibe.wordpress.com/

...well according to the "You're Doing It Wrong" thread it would appear that the anuses are still around. Maybe the other end of the spectrum is just catching up.

My tires should be here today. I have to do my fender work on Wednesday, mount the tires, and install my coilovers/arms. I'm looking for a paint shop in San Diego so I can get my car redone in that OEM pearl-white color. No, I don't know the code (haven't looked) and I refuse to use the dealership name if it sounds something like 'Winter-White-Starlight-Beam'. I'll try to have pictures in here by the weekend.

I'm also trying to score that OEM black-electric-tape striping. So shitty that it's now awesome.

...anyone want to buy my Watanabes? They don't clear my S14 brakes :/