View Single Post
Old 03-18-2023, 03:18 PM   #2
ssman19

Trader Rating: (0)
ssman19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Part 2

Decided I was at the point where my fenders were trashy, and I wanted some more angle. Let's go for it.

JP Fiberglass fit terribly... but my wedding was coming up in a few days and I wanted to drive the car at my wedding. What could be cooler than rolling up the reception in a racecar? So I made it work and swapped the angle kit from trashy homebrew angle to GKtech.

Cue in days of body work. Wedding is less than a week away...

and time to start painting with some of my dads help. (I have no idea what I am doing)

Not looking too bad.

Dropped acetone on one of the panels Had to completely redo it.

and while we are at it, let's throw on some coilovers. As you can see, I got a better job and am not scrapping the bottom of the barrel. Good old car gets some decent parts now.

Fitment came out fire in the rear.

A little rushing to finish and load up the day of and we are off to rehearsal.
Yes, I decided to paint the car the weekend before my wedding and finished it the day that we were leaving, Success.

This was the best day of my life. It was so much fun ripping this thing around on the street. As you can see, yes we did a burnout in front of the entire wedding party. Sorry for the low quality image, it is a screen grab from a video my buddy took. This was a dream come true.

After getting married, my wife and I moved to Reno. Shortly after, my wife got pregnant, and there was no other way to do the reveal...

Now it was time to start driving the car. I did a few more events and had a great time.

Aaaand I crashed it. A couple times...

Lucky it was only bodywork. Time to go Kouki front end.

Now we are up to real time, I plan to drive a bunch of events this year and try to be a better driver.
I have fenders, headlights, and a bumper but still on the search for a hood.
Another event is coming up soon and I want it to look decent. I will try and report back on my progress, congrats to you for making it this far.
ssman19 is offline   Reply With Quote