View Single Post
Old 08-02-2022, 06:07 PM   #271
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
So I've come to the conclusion the cutting out issue is due to the trashed wiring harness. The issue is so sporadic that I can't seem to replicate it any time I've tried to pin point the short/loose connector/pin/grounding or whatever the hell is going on. I ended up ziptieing the harness as securely as possible and it has drastically decreased the frequency that it cuts out, but it still does cut out randomly under hard driving conditions. I've been keeping an eye out for a clean single cam harness for a couple months, but alas they seem to be more uncommon than an unmolested s13. Looks like I'll have to fork out $600 for a wiring specialties harness if I want it to work right, but I'm having a tough time rationalizing investing that much money into a junk motor.

In the meantime, I've been enjoying cruising the car around when it's not too damn hot outside.

Just need a sweet early-2000's head unit and to put my ergo 1.5 in to finish off the interior tune

So, back to other coupe things...

I bought a pair of 17x9.5 +18 sp1's and swapped the NR faces for HP, which made them +0, which fit the "Dmax" fenders perfectly. (And 215/40 on a 9.5 looks real cool)

I want to change the tub setup and repaint the bay before putting the new motor in (yes, the K24, and I finally have collected all of the needed parts).

My goal is to build some modular oil cooler ducting and an air box inserts in place of the old tubs so that in the future when I put a turbo on it'll be easier to swap things out and route intercooler piping etc. Ideally, I want to learn how to work with carbon fiber, but may have to settle for fiberglass or maybe aluminum? I'll have to do some experimenting. I left some of the old tubs in tact for a little structure and to have something to build off of.

Also did a serious deep clean and started some basic paint prep

Haven't decided what I should do about this mess yet though. The fuse/relay boxes used to be mounted to the tubs