View Single Post
Old 11-22-2022, 03:28 PM   #289
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
And so it began...

2x k24a2's. One going in, one spare. 1x k24a4 for eventual turbo build.

Crank bolt required more ft/lbs of torque than the damn motor puts out. I should have bought a weighted socket, but I didn't realize it'd be such a chore.

And then I had a lapse in memory. Could have sworn I drained the oil 6 years ago when I bought the motor, but apparently not. Probably should have double checked before flipping the motor, but alas...

I got the k20 oil pump and tf oil pickup on and then realized I didn't have the k20 windage tray or oil pump chain. Been piecing everything together over so many years I've forgotten what I do and don't have/need. This is what happens when I don't do things in one fell swoop �� Hopefully everything will show up tomorrow so I can drop the motor in this weekend.