View Single Post
Old 01-08-2023, 04:29 PM   #294
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Tried to get the motor in for Super D NYE, but literally every step of the way something went wrong or I found some other tiny little thing I needed to order. It was seriously like 3 weeks straight of $15 orders for little fittings, plugs, sensors, and bmw shit. No matter how many times I revamped my list and checked my part stash something else popped up lol

If you get a zf transmission, I definitely recommend getting (or making) a set of detent bushing drifts for 5th and reverse before attempting to do the detent repair. On my first attempt, I tried using a similarly sized socket and it deformed the sleeves.

After borrowing a set of drifts I got the ZF ready and bolted it up to the motor, which didn't go smoothly either. For whatever reason the clutch kit (for the 5spd zf) came with a wrong sized dowel on the alignment tool so even after wrapping it with tape, centering the clutch disk and getting the shaft into the pilot was a pain. 10/10 do not recommend.

And FINALLY, dropped the k in.