View Single Post
Old 01-09-2023, 10:14 AM   #295
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
Tried to get the motor in for Super D NYE, but literally every step of the way something went wrong or I found some other tiny little thing I needed to order. It was seriously like 3 weeks straight of $15 orders for little fittings, plugs, sensors, and bmw shit. No matter how many times I revamped my list and checked my part stash something else popped up lol

If you get a zf transmission, I definitely recommend getting (or making) a set of detent bushing drifts for 5th and reverse before attempting to do the detent repair. On my first attempt, I tried using a similarly sized socket and it deformed the sleeves.

After borrowing a set of drifts I got the ZF ready and bolted it up to the motor, which didn't go smoothly either. For whatever reason the clutch kit (for the 5spd zf) came with a wrong sized dowel on the alignment tool so even after wrapping it with tape, centering the clutch disk and getting the shaft into the pilot was a pain. 10/10 do not recommend.

And FINALLY, dropped the k in.

Looks great in there. What exhaust manifold is that? Looks a lot like the old Silkroad manifolds for our cars.

If I have learned anything building my car over the years, it is nothing ever goes according to plan.